If your tooth shows recession (shrinkage of the gum) or the overlying gum is very thin a soft tissue graft may be a possible solution. Grafting can aim to prevent further recession, alleviate sensitivity and improve the appearance of your smile.
What is it?
Tissue grafting is a delicate procedure where a small piece of gum tissue is taken from the palate or another donor site and transplanted to cover the exposed root.
You need to know
- After the initial consultation appointment, the treatment can usually be completed in one single appointment
- A follow up appointment may be needed to check that the healing is going well
How long does it take?
- The consultation will usually take around 30 minutes
- The treatment time for your appointment can vary depending on your treatment plan
You may be asked about
- Your dental history and medical history
- Your normal oral care routine at home
Book your appointment today!
Error: No connected account.
Please go to the Instagram Feed settings page to connect an account.